Tuesday 25 August 2020

My virtual internship at Allstate as a software engineer

 I interned virtually at Allstate as a software engineer within their Allstate Dealer Services (ADS) department. How did you get your internship? I got my internship at Allstate when I attended the Grace Hopper Celebration in Orlando last October. The Grace Hopper Celebration is the world’s largest gathering of women in computing. It focuses on commemorating, empowering and encouraging women in technology through a series of conferences and a career fair.

What advice do you have for those beginning the internship process? Network as much as possible and be involved in student organizations. I found many opportunities and support through organizations such as Women in Computer Science (WiCS), Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) and Upsilon Pi Epsilon (UPE).

What projects did you work on? The main project I worked on was a direct-to-consumer product that sells extended vehicle care. My primary focus was on improving the product’s website by adding and redesigning features, fixing bugs and enhancing the overall user experience. Additionally, I worked on a side project with a small group of interns from various departments. We developed an computer science or computer engineering portal for new employees with the hope of eventually implementing this product into the enterprise, which is an organization system for key business processes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment